In order for the McDonald’s Magic City Classic Parade to be successful, all participants are required to adhere to the following guidelines:
- In order to be lined up properly by the Parade Marshals, all parade participants must be at their designated staging area by 6:45 am.
- Parade participants/vehicles with parade permits should enter their assigned section according to the lineup map (enclosed in packet). Only participants with a parade permit will be allowed to enter blocked areas.
- Parade permits should be displayed in the front windshield on the driver’s side of a vehicular unit. All walking and band units should be able to provide the perforated portion of the permit. NO EXCEPTIONS! A parade permit is required for every unit and this is STRICTLY ENFORCED!
- Parade permits CANNOT be duplicated or transferred. The entity listed on the permit MUST be the one participating in the parade.
- The parade is a family-friendly event so no vulgar/offensive language or signage will be tolerated.
- Bus parking is on 13th Street North only. Please use 3rd Avenue North as your entrance to this area and adhere to the Parade Marshals for parking instructions.
- Vehicle parking for parade participants is located in the vacant lot between 12th and 13th Street North off of Rev. Abraham Woods Jr. Blvd. Please use 3rd Avenue North as your entrance to this area and adhere to the Parade Marshals for parking instructions.
- NO CANDY OR OTHER FAVORS should be thrown or handed out by the parade participants. These practices can result in injuries to children scrambling for candy or falling under moving vehicles. Violators of this request will be removed from the parade and barred from future Magic City Classic Parades. Remember candy/prize throwing/handing creates a safety hazard for our children!
- All cars and floats should be fully decorated with display signs on both sides stating the name of the organization.
- The Birmingham Police Department will patrol all areas of the parade.
- Parade Marshals are assigned to each section to ensure that these instructions are followed. All participants MUST follow the orders of the Parade Marshals.
- The 2021 parade route is published on our website and will be enclosed in your packet.
- KEEP MOVING! No stoppages are allowed in the parade. If your unit violates this rule, you will be removed from the parade immediately.
- Disbanding – The parade ends at the corner of 16th street and 5th Avenue. Once you reach this intersection, please STOP playing/dancing and continue to walk straight to the staging area to avoid causing any stoppages in the parade. If your group needs to gather prior to exiting the staging area, please do so on one of the side streets and NOT on 16th Street.If you are a motorized unit, keep straight on 16th Street to Rev. Abraham Woods Jr. Blvd. If you need to adjust anything on your vehicle prior to departing, please do so in an area OUTSIDE of the parade route and staging area.
We hope you have a great time and enjoy your experience, but most of all be safe and courteous to each other.
Participating in the parade means acceptance of all of these guidelines. Any violation to the guidelines or Parade Marshals’ direction on parade day, will result in immediate removal from the parade. No refunds will be given in the event a unit breaks a parade policy or neglects to follow instructions provided by Parade Marshals.